[ 02-04-2015 ]
JBCCCI TRADE AND INVESTMENT MISSION TO HCMC, VIETNAM (MARCH 20, FRI)
- Johor Bahru Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (JBCCCI) organized a Trade and Investment Mission to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam from 20th to 23rd March 2015. This delegation was led by Mr. Chan Wah Yann (Trade Mission Leader), Honorary Secretary General of JBCCCI.
- On this particular trade mission, the participation has been overwhelming as we have more than 60 interested participants from various business backgrounds across a wide spectrum of industries.
- A wide range of products and services were promoted by our participants during this trade mission, which includes building construction materials and machinery, auto spare parts, batteries and engine oil, wholesales plywood, food manufacturing, fencing system, wire mesh, paper cartons, advertising merchandise, chemicals and lubricants, agricultural tractors and machinery, painting materials, hotel and property development, branded watches and bags, corporate uniform, washroom sanitation and cleaning products, business and management training, freight and shipping services and etc.
- The objective of the mission is to develop strategic business partnerships, identify and engage local representatives, qualified distributors or agents and clients. Some of our participants were researching Vietnam’s market for the first time, while others were building on existing contacts. All are hoping to establish new contacts in Vietnam.
- As our trade mission is considered to be a high-profile visit, our Chamber views that this trade and investment mission could provide an excellent opportunity to raise awareness and promote opportunities for foreign investors to invest in Iskandar Development Region. The secretary of this mission has distributed Iskandar’s brochures and Investment Guide, including Comprehensive Development Plan (CDP) and business incentives during this trade mission’s interaction meeting.
- In conjunction with this trade mission, our delegation were invited to engage in dialogues and one to one Business Meeting and Matching with Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency (VIETRADE), Malaysia Business Chamber Vietnam (MBCV), CEO Link Association and Young Business People Association of Ho Chi Minh (YBA,HCM) respectively.
2. Main Objectives of the Mission
- To promote and enhance bilateral trade and investment between Malaysia and Vietnam, to encourage joint ventures and establish business networking among entrepreneurs and investors from both countries.
- Network with key government agencies, business leaders and business associations, so as to understand Vietnam’s latest economic & investment climate and policies, especially in Ho Chi Minh; Identify new business and investment opportunities in Vietnam; Offer to sell Malaysia’s products, processes and service;
- Through a one-on-one talk and business matching, the delegates intend to find suitable distributors and partners to help them gain a foothold in these emerging markets.
- Seek opportunities in infrastructure, utilities, property development and other investment projects;